Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I could try to list here many of the reasons why I love Michelle so much, but it would be in vain. I think that I could very literally go on all night. I will list just four:





Jack









Max








Lucy










Sam





I want to say to Michelle personally what Elder Holland said to mothers of the church collectively.

"You are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He knows that your giving birth to a child does not immediately propel you into the circle of the omniscient. If you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do. You are doing God’s work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days and your nights may be the most challenging."

Thanks for everything, Michelle. Especially bringing these great kids into our lives.

Love you, Babe.

8 comments:

HW said...

Michelle is wonderful, you're right. But it's posts like this (and about a zillion other things) that remind us all how well she married. You guys are both great. We love and miss you.

Nichols Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Michelle! You have the sweetest kids and husband. When do you come to AZ to visit next?

Lisa said...

Byron that is so sweet. You're lucky to have each other!

julie williams said...

Byron,that was so sweet. I love that quote from Elder Holland it gives me strength to carry on. Sometimes I feel like I'm ruining my children and then I read or hear things like this and it makes me cry. Hope you had a great day. Jenet and I got to have lunch with Jennifer today it was so fun!!! We could've talked for hours and then our cell phones started ringing!! Oh well it was great while it lasted!!

Courtney said...

Byron, what a sweet post and wonderful tribute to Michelle! I love Elder Holland and I love that quote...happy mom's day!

Janie said...

Michelle is a great mom! She has a great husband supporting her that was very sweet.

jenny said...

Ahhhh what a sweet letter. That is my favorite talk from conference. Hope you had a great Mother's Day Michelle!

Amy said...

Um, I'm taking liberty of receiving Elder Holland's compliments too, especially after these last few long days and nights from @#*%. :)