Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring in Michigan


I was talking to my sister Amy on the phone last week. She lives in AZ, where it is nice and springy and the day we talked I believe it was around 80 degrees and sunny, of course. I started telling her how wonderful it was here, that it was warm and sunny and almost felt like spring was approaching. In fact it was almost 50 degrees! She said I was psycho, that she would die if it was in the 50's. I told her it felt so warm finally that Max and his friends were heading out to jump on the trampoline. Again, she thought we were crazy. I thought it would be a good laugh for everyone in warm places to get a glimpse of Max enjoying our version of spring, with proof of the lovely weather, so I took a picture of him, then of our computer. The true irony hit about 10 minutes later when I was no longer on the phone with my sister, but looked outside at the boys to find them with their shirts off! I opened the door and called out, "Hey, you crazy boys, get your shirts on!" The great Michigan response from Max, "But Mom, we're HOT!" You gotta love it! By the way, this is what it looks like today, here in "Springy" Michigan. You don't gotta love this! In fact, we really quite despise it!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Truly terrible! I hated in Chicago when one day Spring would tease us with temperatures in the 50s and the sun shining down, melting away the snow...then the evil atrocity of winter would laugh in our face as the very next day it would SNOW! Oh the madness!

That is why I am basking in the sun of the AZ spring where Spring IS Spring and Winter is nowhere to be found! HA!

Amy said...

Suckers for living in MI! I think you should've joined the shirtless boys out there!

Janie said...

It's really funny until you have to live it!! It stinks, I am so ready for spring. Snow, snow go away!!

Dave and Mandi said...

Those of us in Utah totally relate...50 degrees is sounding really nice about now, not shirtless nice, but nice.

Marcie and Holly said...

Don't envy you! We HATE the cold! Miss you in AZ!

Karen said...

Im with ya on this one...We've been through 3 winters now here in Chicago..and I want out! I love it all other seasons but this one! All of your kids are so dang cute. I hope my next has red hair.

Nichols Family said...

Michelle! Thanks for looking me up! Your kids are darling, of course! I can relate to the non-"Springy" weather of the midwest...but just for one year. Last year we lived in Milwaukee for 5 months. The outdoor Easter egg hunt was a joke :). When do you guys move back? Keep in touch!
-Jennie

jenny said...

I remember living in Utah thinking 50 degrees was super warm back in the day. But, now I would have to agree with Amy. Hopefully in a year or so you won't have to worry about that snow unless you drive to it right :)

The Jones Fam said...

When did it become normal for 30 degrees to be short sleeves weather? Amy refuses to wear a coat because "it feels like a hot summer day". We woke up to snow this morning...fun April Fool's joke...i'm not laughing.
I love, love the picture of the boys without their shirts on! So boy!
-Natalie