Sunday, February 1, 2009

He's the Man!

So Byron has outdone himself again. He is always the greatest in regard to help around the house and with the kids. I mean
THE GREATEST.

For example, a couple of years ago I went to the temple one night with a friend who's husband was on call so Byron was going to cover watching their kids if her husband happened to not get home in time. Well sure enough her husband was stuck at the hospital so she was bringing her four kids over to add to our three. Great kids, but not the typical dream night for a guy. My friend described it the best when she said something like this: It doesn't get much better that I can leave my kids with not only a pediatrician AND worthy priesthood holder but someone who will make homemade sugar cookies just because it would be "fun". That's right, he thought it would be fun to do sugar cookies with everyone while we were gone. I told him he was insane and to have fun with that. When we came back the house was spotless and I asked him if he decided not to do the cookies. Oh no, he did them, he said it was fun. Yeah, ok.
Things like this happen regularly. So it wasn't surprising when he decided to make cinnamon rolls with the boys. Once again, I was the scrooge not wanting to spend the time or make the mess, but he did it all without a blink of an eye.
(These cinnamon rolls were DIVINE by the way, no surprise.)
But like I said, this is normal. But he has branched out over the past couple of weeks. We have been working to get our house ready to sell and he has become a regular plumber and handyman (crack and all...no picts, this is a family blog.) He has replaced two bathroom faucets, the kitchen faucet, the disposal and two toilet seat covers. This is a big deal, since we really aren't the fixer-upper types. I have been so proud. But what is even a bigger deal and makes me even more proud is that he landed the perfect job in the location of our dreams. That's right, we're moving back to Mesa! We found out just before Christmas, but as things are getting more solidified, we are still finding it hard to believe. So once again, Byron has outdone himself, not that anyone's surprised...

19 comments:

Jim said...

No we are not surprised... we knew he was amazing! YAE that you are coming back to Mesa!!!! Marbles anyone?

Jana said...

(Marbles? Marbles? You have replaced us with new marbles players? Apparently so given the comment before me..... but I guess I should have assumed such. I just kind of like to think that we were the one and only fun people to play marbles with. Were we the first? I'm sure we were the best. Remember how I fed you when you were poor?

And oh how happy we are that your dreams are being fulfilled!!! Congratulations. Really, you both deserve it after such a very LONG road. Seriously, a LONG road.... you should have been done so long ago. Best of luck as things all fall into place.

Huffstuff said...

Congrats on the job in Mesa. I am very jealous, I loved living in Tucson for residency. Glad you guys are done too. To me that seems like a long res. But it's worth it. Take care. By the way my blog is private. I can send an invite if you'd like. Just email me your email address. dhufffam@msn.com

Jaimee said...

YEAH! Welcome back to the Grand Canyon State! We can't wait to see you guys and catch-up!

Naomi said...

Okay . . . perfect husband alert! What a good guy, and what exciting news! I hope that your house sells quickly and that you do alright with it, financially. Now you're ready to buy a nice fixer-upper in Mesa, right?

Brian and Heidi said...

It is so good to hear about you guys. Regardless of the promotion, I still think Byron is a boza. P.S. Did it take Byron an entire afternoon and cost several deep scratches and some very sore muscles to replace the kitchen faucet? It did me when I replaced ours. I learned the best ways NOT to replace it in the future.

HW said...

Hooray! Byron really IS the best. (Thanks again for that night with the cookies and all the extra kids and the temple trip. I love it that I am also the beneficiary of his greatness.) We were thinking of going to AZ for spring break, but then thought it would be really dumb to go before you get there. Tell me again why WE didn't find a job in Phoenix?

Nichols Family said...

WhooooHooooo! Welcome back to AZ soon!

Colette Goodman said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! We will have to start ice cream days again. Can't wait!

kami said...

Congratulations on the job in Arizona. Now we can add you to our list of people to visit in Mesa. Good luck with getting the house ready to sell. Looks like Byron is quite the handyman.

erika said...

So jealous you guys are heading back to paradise (well, my version of paradise and probably yours too)
I'm so impressed with Byron's skills - plumbing and all!
Those cinnamon rolls did look delicious!

Dyan said...

Yea!! We can't wait to see you guys.

Suz said...

I love it! No place like home! WHen you write good news about Byron I can't stop thinking about the walls and bed mattresses at camp lo-mia... when we were there as youth they all said, "I love Byron Garn" or "cassidy + Byron" or "Natalie (heart) Byron G"! Everyone knew it from forever ago that he was a great catch! If you didn't, you could just go up to Lo-Mia!!!

Amy said...

Yeah, pretty much Byron makes everyone in the family look bad, even us girls! Looks like some fun things going on. Can't wait to see some bikini and speedo pics from your trip. Don't act like you didn't take any!

Amy said...

Yeah, pretty much Byron makes everyone in the family look bad, even us girls! Looks like some fun things going on. Can't wait to see some bikini and speedo pics from your trip. Don't act like you didn't take any!

Becky said...

Dang! What a great husband! The best part is that you get to go back to a place that's WARM! Just think of us next winter when you're still wearing shorts and we're freezing to death!

Marcie and Holly said...

YEAH!! We are so glad you're coming back! We will have to go to lunch. We are so excited. Yahoo!

Bennett Family said...

Hooray!!! We will have to have you over for dinner. I hope all goes well with selling your home. I loved reading about your Bahama's vacation. Especially the picture of you all alone in 60 degree weather. People here where puffy coats when it's 60. To funny.

jenny said...

Whereabouts are you guys thinking?? How exciting. I know it's a stressful time, but remember that time only comes once. Enjoy it while you can!!