Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Garn Family Goes to Washington

This is what we have been up to for the past couple of weeks. We made this "Giant Overwhelming To-Do List" of things that needed doing before our house could go on the market.
As you can see we pretty much did it all!!
(editor's note: We did do it all, and a ton more, and thanks to my Mom, cause without her we couldn't have done even close to what we did!!)

And so . . .

Our house is on the market!
(click on the picture to see our listing on Realtor.com)

The kids have this week off from school and with the house ready to sell we decided it would be a good time to get away. Saturday morning we got up early and left for Washington DC. We were glad to be getting out of town before a storm dropped 6 inches of snow on Saturday. The drive took about 9 hours, which included stops for eating. The kids did great!





We stopped for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which is a favorite of ours and a place we would usually not "waste" on the kids, but this was vacation and a special occasion. Unfortunately, Sam had a huge BLOWOUT poopy diaper that got literally on every piece of clothing he had on (including socks and shoes). Given the choice of buying expensive clothes for him or rummaging through luggage in the car I decided that having him wear a pink sweatshirt of Lucy's and a diaper was best.

After all of that we arrived at my cousin Bob's house. He and his wife Suzy are saints for being willing to take in a crazy family of six.

Sunday was church and family day. We drove to my Uncle Byron & Aunt Hazel's home in Alexandria, VA. It was great to have a visit with them.

Finally, we drove up to the temple where my Aunt Nadine and Uncle Bob are serving a mission in the Visitor's Center. The temple was beautiful all lit up. We had a great visit and Lucy took a quick liking to Uncle Bob (who doesn't?).Now we are ready to see the sights of our nation's capitol. More to come . . .

5 comments:

Brian and Heidi said...

Woo Hoo! Nice posting! Lots of details and pics. Very enjoyable. I take it Byron wrote this one!!
It sounds like you guys had a great trip. Nice hair Byron. I like mine too.

Yolanda said...

Hey Michelle!
If you think really hard you might be able to remember me. Yolanda Nichols from the Superstition Springs ward? Well my husband Steve got accepted to dental school out there so we'll be moving to Ann Arbor at the end of June. I randomly out of nowhere cut your sisters hair here not too long ago and she told me you guys were in Michigan, but I didn't realize it was Ann Arbor. We have tons of questions that we'd love to ask you about the area and housing and what not. We're taking a trip out there on the 9th to find a place (we'll have to rent). I wish we could buy your place! It looks great. Anyways my email is yolandamae@yahoo.com, whenever you get a second I'd love to ask you some stuff. It was great to see pics of your much bigger family since 3+ years ago! :) I hope to hear from you soon.

Jaimee said...

Wow---You have been busy! But your efforts were worth it since your house looks great! It is a pain selling a house though, isn't it? Our Tucson home was on the market for 9 months before it sold, but the point is...it did sell! Yeah! I'm sure yours will, too.

And what a fun trip. That picture of your family in front of the temple is beautiful! Can't wait to see you when you arrive in Mesa. Maybe we can do dinner with my bro Adam & Monique. Good luck packing these next few weeks. Great post!

Jared and Tiffany Botteron said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. I love your picture from the temple. I miss you guys and look forward to seeing you soon.
Cathie

Amy said...

Can't wait to see more pics - and actually talk to you about it.