Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lucky Seven

Seven must be a lucky number for this dude.
Max turned seven this week and was treated like a king. Breakfast in bed, out to lunch with mom and Sam (not Lucy per his request...) and dinner with the family at the traditional birthday spot, Red Robin. Wow, do you think food is important to this kid? I wonder where he gets it from...
So if all that wasn't enough, today he had his friend party. He wanted a DRAGON party, so we went with the whole medieval theme complete with saving the princess and all of her accessories. The boys had a great time and were very well behaved. Sometimes it is scary thinking of 10 boys in your house for two hours, but they were really delightful. They played a ton of games, had pizza and cake and ice cream, and of course battled with their new swords. Max said his favorite part was opening presents, so we might only do that next time. He is so glad to be seven, and we are glad he is ours to spoil!One quick story about Max. Byron was reading to him the other night before bed when Byron noticed it started to get quite stinky. He asked Max if he needed to go to the bathroom and Max said "Yeah" and hopped up to go. Byron said he came back THREE seconds later. Byron asked him if he already went. He replied, "no, it was just my underwear pulled up too high." Haa! What a great kid!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm still laughing that he requested Lucy not be at his lunch. LOL!

Brian and Heidi said...

Wedgies can definitely be deceptive and send the wrong message. I was dying laughing at that story. BTW, when did the kid lose any teeth? And BTW when did Max get old enough to turn seven?! Don't you think it is time you move back and share these moments with your family?!

Amy said...

I love how weird Max is! He definitely gets it from the Garn side! I love his no front teeth. I didn't know he'd lost them. The party looks like a huge success. I'm glad he's got his priorities straight: food comes first, baby!! Happy birthday, Maxers! By the way, remember how Setta and I were at your house in WI when he was born - a whole seven freakin' years ago???

Amy said...

Oh, I forgot to say how funny I thought it was that he didn't want Lucy there for lunch and how you let it be so. And I should say that Brain should know all about wedgies with his years of experience with them.

Janie said...

I am laughing at him heading to the bathroom to adjust his underwear! I didn't know having your underwear to high was sinky either. So funny--reminds me a lot of Jake. Happy #7 Max!

HW said...

Wyatt says, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!"

HW said...

And also, Wyatt just got Lego Star Wars 1, which completes his Lego PS2 collection. Max totally needs to come play!

Naomi said...

What a fun birthday! Did you make that cake? That looks like a masterpiece.