Saturday, June 6, 2009

We've Moved!

Not the big move yet... but we did move! We had to be out of our house the end of May and couldn't get into our new house in Mesa until the end of June, so we found a great place here in Ann Arbor to rent for the month. The movers came and packed everything up one day, loaded it all on the truck the next day and took it away to store it for a month until they deliver it to Mesa for us. You can read that again because I have to keep reminding myself that it actually happened too. REAL MOVERS! Not just the Elder's Quorum (not that they don't do a good job....)! And NOT paid for by us. Yeah for a real job!!! I still can't believe it.This is a picture of the great furnished place we found to rent in a great part of town on a great street with great neighbors. It has a great view of a cute little house out the front window. If it looks familiar it is because it is OUR house! That's right, we are now living directly across the street from the house we lived in for four years. It is really weird and was a bit hard watching the new owners move their things in and have a bbq in OUR HOUSE! We are getting over it and are so grateful to be surrounded by our familiar environment, the boys can still walk to school, play with their friends, and that we are done packing and moving. It sort of feels like we are on vacation in a nice summer rental home. We have been filling up our time with some of the fun things we have not been able to do in the last 4 years here. The other day we took the big boys out of school by surprise and the whole family went to the Tiger's Baseball Game. They were so excited and it was really fun to be doing something not associated with moving or packing or house stuff or even regular life. It is really fun to "vacation" in your own city, and we are planning to do a lot more of it until we move to AZ. We did find a great house in Mesa that we are super excited about it. For all you Mesa readers, it is North of McKellips, East of Gilbert close to Hermosa Vista Elementary school. That's right, right back in good ole Mountain View territory. Go Toros! Weird, I know. Here is a picture of our house, we still can't believe it is going to be where we will be living ... hopefully for a VERY long time!

10 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Yeah for mover! I think I was more excited for movers than actually moving into our home. (Esp because I was pregnant at the time :)) I am really excited for you guys to finally be done. And to go back to Mesa. I loved living in Tucson for 3 years, so Ya I am a bit jealous that you are going where the sun always shines. Congrats and enjoy!

Jim said...

We are so excited for you guys to move home! I'm having a hard time though... I'm not sure they make a baby monitor that will reach as far away as you are going to live! :) Let us know when you get back... we would love to get together!

Jill Freestone said...

the palm trees make it look like an exotic vacation, not home - I know I'm from Utah, but really.

Hopefully our thanksgiving in AZ works out - want to see you guys!

Dyan said...

What ward are you in? You are in my stake for sure. We are in Menlo Park ward. Can't wait to see you.

Brian and Heidi said...

I cannot believe it is already here. You are out of your house. I can remember very vividly lugging all your stuff out of the uhaul and into that house (and you say YOU are grateful for movers!). We are thrilled to have you guys moving back and look forward to visiting the Garn Resort. Do you do massages?

kami said...

Professional movers are the BEST! I don't think we could move again without them.
Your Mesa house is gorgeous. That is so exciting to be going home again. We'll come visit when we are in Mesa. Did you know the Woolsey's are moving to Scottsdle soon?

Amy said...

Yeah, your Mesa house looks alright, I guess. JK! It looks great and who knows when we'll get to see it in person. Hmmm. Maybe the next time we're in town, we'll stay with you hosers.

The baseball game looked fun and I'm sure the boys loved it. Max, of course, is looking his ever-photogenic self!

Janie said...

Vacationing in your own city sounds so fun! We have been here 5years and still haven't made it to a Tigers game! Maybe our last month we'll make it :)
I love your new house--it's beautiful, you will all be so happy there!

Debbie said...

So exciting your family is moving back. Looks like a beautiful home. Good luck with the move. We should all get together when you get here and catch up.
Debbie

Paige said...

Hi. I'm Heather Wimmer's sister, and I live in Ahwatukee. Fun post. But I'm wondering -- how did you do your very cool background with kids pics? Can you send Heather a line and she might forward it?