Monday, June 22, 2009

MI Fave #6 Lake Michigan Beaches

We've been to Lake Michigan to play at the beach four times now. We love it! The sand is wonderfully fine and soft. We love that we feel like we are at the ocean, just with smaller waves and no saltwater that the kids think is icky. We knew we couldn't leave Michigan without one last trip this summer, and we couldn't have asked for a better day. The kids played and played in the sand, we climbed the sand dunes and ran down getting nice and hot, then swam in the refreshing cold (freezing) water. The little ones were even happy to play without naps, amazing! It was so relaxing and great to make more Michigan memories.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Looks soooo much fun. I love the beach! I bet no saltwater (or dangerous sea creatures) is totally awesome. I like Sam's farmer's tan.


You've done so many posts - good ones! I keep meaning to ask around if there are fireflies here too. I think the berry picking looked so fun. I'd love to do it. Did the movers pack up all the jam so you'll have it in AZ? Send some our way too!! :)

Good luck in your big travel day!

Brian and Heidi said...

I remember visiting the lake; it was chilly. Your kids are brave, but I guess having spent the winter in the snow, the runoff probably isn't that big of a deal. I noticed in one picture that Sam is wearing the Garn eye patch!

Naomi said...

I am loving reading about your Michigan Faves! It really makes me nostalgic.

Jaimee said...

I love your countdown of Michigan favorites--looks like you've really enjoyed your years there! Also, love your post below about moving across the street for 1 month--wow! Exciting to have you back in Mesa soon. :D That's awesome that you'll be right off the 202 since it'll be so convenient w/ Byron's work. Nice. We bought the house I grew up in on Harris Drive so we'll practically be neighbors! Let's get together once you get settled!

HW said...

Lucy's so big! And she looks wonderful with hair. Golden curls even!

I'm so glad you got to go to the beach before you left for the desert. Good luck with all that unpacking. Who knows? It might take you two or three hours. You're one of the most efficient gals I know.

Loves!

Jana said...

I'm guessing you are having too much fun in AZ to post on your blog! I hope you are getting settled in and that life is treating you well, surrounded by your loved ones! We are so happy for you.

thebigcookiefam said...

I love all your favorites, especially the berries, maybe you can find some cactus berries now that you are living in the desert. Welcome home!!!!