Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vampires, Cheerleaders, and Harry Potter, OH MY!!

So this is about as generic a post as it gets--kids in Halloween costumes (no offense to everyone else who is doing the same), but it has been over a month since our last post and as junior partner on this blog it is all I can muster tonight.

In order of appearance:

Jack--The Vampire
Special thanks to Grandma Garn who was here in MI for the week of Halloween and made this cape for Jack's costume.

Max--Harry Potter
Max was also Harry Potter last year (although with a different cloak). Needless to say we were very glad when we were struggling to decide in the very week before Halloween that he chose a costume that we already had on hand.

Lucy--Michigan Cheerleader
We had a hard time deciding between the many costumes we had for Lucy, but anyone who has lived in Ann Arbor and knows the passion for all things UofM will understand why this won out.

Samuel--Dinosaur (maybe Alligator??)
Sam really disliked this costume (and we really are not sure whether it is a dinosaur or alligator). He wouldn't keep the hood on and so the best picture of him is with the hood off. Still pretty cute though.

Finally, this is really disgusting.

Both boys hit the Jackpot . . .
and participated in the ritual of sorting the candy.

Max was obviously thrilled . . .

and when we put it all together in one bag it totaled . . . .

15 POUNDS!!!

(I have to admit my hypocrisy of calling it disgusting when I am eating as much as anybody else!)

--Byron

12 comments:

Janie said...

I cannot believe all that candy! You don't mess around, get the candy, move to the next house!
I think Lucy is the cutest Michigan cheerleader ever, She is so cute!

Byron said...

By, I am so proud of you! Way to take responsibility! Um, where's my picture in the cat costume...

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, how long did they trick or treat for?!

Amy said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! I'm so glad for a new post and I'm trying not to be offended that our week-long visit didn't make it to the blog. I'm hoping it's still on it's way. Maybe it brings back too many painful memories for Byron. :) The kids look GREAT!! When we left your house your boys still didn't know what they were going to be and I wondered. Lucy looks adorable and Sam too. That's a LOT of candy and if you're like us, you rummage through the bags and pick yummy things out to eat when your kids aren't looking. See you manana!!

Colette Goodman said...

Holy Cow!!! 15 pounds!! How long did they go trick or treating? Their costumes are great. I still find it a little shocking that you have 4 kids.

kami said...

15 pounds!!! 15 pounds!!! Unbelieveable! You'll probably still have candy leftover for next Halloween. Cute costumes and even cuter kids. Happy Halloween!

Nichols Family said...

We got just as much candy at our house so I told my kids I'd buy it back from them, worked like a charm. Then after picking out all of the Butterfingers I will donate it. :) Cute costumes you guys! And you never did tell me where you're planning on moving to...

Byron said...

We don't yet know where we are moving. I am interviewing in Phoenix in the beginning of December. If that works out we will be back in Mesa next summer. If not . . . who knows?
---Byron

Brian and Heidi said...

Byron has been complaining that do not comment on his blog. Well, here goes...
Your last photo on this blog entry says, "15 pounds". I assume that means the number of pounds you gained after eating the halloween candy.
Anywho, I read your blog, I just had not yet commented. My simple little solitary comment seems a insignificant drop in the bucket compared with the flood of comments from your fan club.

Brian and Heidi said...

I think it will be so fun to have you out to visit in December. Make sure you can squeeze us into your tight schedule.

Unknown said...

I love Halloween costumes and looking at pictures of kids in them! I love the fall and Halloween is the best part of fall. Your kids look great and I can't believe the CANDY! That is seriously crazy, how long did you make your kids trick or treat for like 5 hrs?

hornes said...

Your family has grown since I saw you last!They are adorable but what do you expect from a good lookin' mom & dad! Mindy Horne