Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fall Favorites

Our fall was jam packed with visitors and projects and get-aways and beautiful weather and FUN! Hence the lack of blogging. I am going to try to quickly post some of the highlights so I can get back to randomly posting nonsense. It started of with a WONDERFUL visit from my two sisters, their two kids each, and my mom. We had 5 adults, 2 big kids, and 6 kids under the age of 3 here in our tiny little house. It was GREAT! (No, we're not polygamists!!) We mostly took care of kids, a lot! But it was so fun to do it together and to see and hear how they make things work in their homes. My sisters are FABULOUS moms and it was so healthy for me to be with them for an entire week and pick their brains. We couldn't even fit everyone in our cars so we only did two excursions that were musts: pumpkin farm and church (and church we decided could only be an hour because it was during naptime for 6 babes!) The weather was GORGEOUS and we spent all our time outside. I'm not sure if right now I miss my sisters more or the weather....just kidding guys! What a fun time we had!

We then had a great visit from Grandma and Grandpa Garn. Grandpa was presiding at a Stake Conference in Grand Rapids so we packed up our crew and joined them for the weekend. It was wonderful to be with them for extended periods of time to visit, but also to hear them speak and testify of the Gospel. It was such a treat for us! We were so lucky to have Grandma stay with us longer for almost a week.
The kids got to really know her and do fun things that Grandma Garn is great at doing. She is one of the most positive people I know and I love having her contagious attitude around. I put her to work helping me with projects I have been wanting or needing to get done. She helped me bottle 24 cans of chicken, start assembling I Spy Bean Bags, and made Jack a vampire cape for Halloween. It was so fun to have her here and we are so glad they are no longer on the other side of the world; the other side of the country is much better! Byron and I were able to have the get-away of a lifetime! If you've never been, you HAVE to go to FORT WAYNE, INDIANA! OK, so I am being sarcastic, but it really was a fabulous time! Anywhere without kids is a great place to be! PLUS, if you meet up with really fun people, it is even better! My sister and her husband were coming out to the midwest for a wedding so my mom and my other sister and hubby decided to jump in on the fun. We got to do all kinds of great things that we don't get to do with kids. We went out to eat 6 DELICIOUSLY GLORIOUS times, saw two movies, played a round of goofy golf (don't ask who won, or lost...), went to a musical, slept in, worked out, and went shopping. Most of all we talked, and talked, and talked. UNINTERUPTED! It was amazing.And thanks to good friends who helped out with our kids, they survived extremely well without us. Hmm, guess we better go again! By the way, if you ever have the chance to go to this restaurant, GO! It was so dang good! Go Fort Wayne! And hooray family!!

6 comments:

Jana said...

You Garns certainly know how to party Family-style!

And I can NOT believe that YOU didn't comment on "Look Mom, I'm a Door!" because I just posted about it before that ding dang dog!

Amy said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME! You'd think if Setta's out there you'd have a little extra time to blog since she does all the work.:) I'm glad we and our very fun trips finally made it to the blog. It was a good recap and it brings back lots of fun memories - even though they seem so long ago already! When are we going to see you peeps again?

Marcie and Holly said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I love hanging with the fam. It's so fun. I'm glad you updated the blog!

jenny said...

I was wondering how you guys were. Looks like a fun busy few months. Love that your MIL helped you can and make costumes. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

HW said...

You look so pretty Michelle! I love the haircut. Glad you're having fun with fam--that is the best.

Daryl & Irene said...

It was too fun being with you -- especially for Halloween. Yea for the day when we will all be in Mesa.