Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pre-winter Projects

Knowing we will be TRYING to sell our house this coming spring, we've been busy getting some some things done outside before the winter comes. Move over "Get It Sold", here we come!!!

Before

And afterBy the way, these pictures are of our 3 season screened in patio adjacent to our garage. We totally made fun of these when looking for homes in MI, but we love it and have spent many a fun gatherings in this patio. Hmm, maybe it's time for another, now that it actually looks decent.

We stained our deck and the fence in the background (even though in the picture the fence is not stained yet.) They look so much better! It has rained since and the water just sits on top in little happy puddles for Lucy to stomp on. I LOVE IT! No after pictures of the tree ring, but with the circle complete and filled in with mulch in the center... it looks pretty snazzy, believe me!

We rewarded ourselves with this:
Come on, we deserved it!!!

(ok, the caramel popcorn didn't have anything to do with being a reward for projects, it was just so unbelievably good that I have still been dreaming about it and just wanted to look at the picture every time I look at my blog...)

16 comments:

thebigcookiefam said...

I love before and after pictures of projects. I usually get too ancey to take a before picture and then I am sad after I am finished and it looks so different. All the projects look great!

Jaimee said...

Michelle, I love seeing all the pics of your projects! Our Saturday motto is "busy work deserves yummy treats!" :0) Your kids are so cute as I peek into your family's life. Hope all is well!

Lorie said...

It looks like you have been BUSY!!

kami said...

Looks great! I think you really did deserve that yummy caramel popcorn.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I could totally go for some of that right now! Recipe?? Way to go on the projects! Looks great.

Jennie Nichols said...

So, you're going to be selling your house and moving where? AZ? Hopefully?
-Jennie N.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

you guys are always busy.. I want to know if AZ is where you're moving to?
... BTW Michelle... I TAGGED you on my blog.. so this is your official notice.

Janie said...

Oh, don't say you are moving!
Your fixer-upper projects look great. How about a recipe for that popcorn?

Naomi said...

Hey,way to go on the projects. I get tired just reading about it. Any idea yet where you'll be heading?

jenny said...

It looks great! Isn't that the truth after you fix up things? We often asked ourselves that very question when we sold last year. It looked so much better with all of our fix ups. Yummy caramel corn!

Alexa Mae said...

Hey Michelle,
Its Alex Ortiz (Hall) from good ole Lazona Ward!! One reason I love this blogging world is that you find long lost friends! I can't believe you have four kids. They are beautiful! I think you guys moved when Max was a baby....and now he's all grown up! I'm glad to see you are doing great!! You look gorgeous, as usual! I'm excited to blog stalk you now. My mom just made one too, come on over and visit ours! Haha

Karen said...

Cute video of Sam crawling..mine just started too! Actually its been a few weeks and he's at the stage of pulling himself up on everything...and trying to walk...scary...lots of bumps :) so where are you moving??

Nichols Family said...

Michelle, I'm putting my blog on private...see it for an invite!

Jana said...

Stop having fun and blog a little already! I'm catching up with all the blogs I have missed every which where but apparently I havnen't missed anything here.....

Hope you are well.

The Jones Fam said...

Backyard looks good! I thought it looked good before. So you need to do a post on your mom and sisters coming out to see you. I read Amy's and tried to convince myself that it would be okay if I came next time too! I'm family right? I can be fun and funny too, right? BTW I loved your post on Lucy and the cute convo with her, you and the boys! Cute girl! Take care, did you get snow yet?
Nat

nickyfish said...

Oh, that takes me back! Fixing up our house for sale in Michigan was a 5 year event! Your doing a fabulous job--the house looks great! Do you know where you're going yet? Exciting times filled with big decisions. By the way, I love the photo collage! Great idea! (P.S.--I'm okay with the braces thing! Pete feels like you do, but when you're a "teeth" person, it's tempting to force them into perfection!)