Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sam Recap

So I think I jinxed Sam when I wrote about the fourth baby being bliss. All you have to do is mention how great something is to have it turn on you! He is still such a dang cute baby but boy has he been a terrible sleeper lately. He is addicted to his binki and won't go to sleep unless he is TIGHTLY swaddled, but he is getting old enough that no matter how tightly he is swaddled he squirms enough so that his little hand pops out by his face and he grabs his binki and messes up the whole system. Sheesh. Maybe it is time for him to learn to sleep without it all but I sure liked it when he just slept and didn't mess around. Sheesh.

On a brighter note.... Sam rolled over for the first time a few weeks ago and has continued to go from tummy to back. We have to watch him carefully when he is on the ground because his big sis likes to lay down by him and sometimes misses and sits on him. Or pokes him in the eye. Or tries to "hold you" as she says over and over. So sometimes I feel he spends too much time in the bouncy seat on the table, but at least it is safe. They all love to play with him. Jack came through the kitchen pushing the laundry basket with some Webkinz and Sam. He's just a part of their favorite things! The other night Jack had been holding Sam like he always does: Jack lays on the couch or ground with Sam sitting on his belly like he is riding a horse. Jack holds his hands and talks to him and sings to him and jostles him quite a bit. Jack loves his little baby Sam and takes every opportunity he can to hold him. Well this night, Sam showed Jack just how much he truly loves their play sessions. He nailed Jack smack in the face with puke. It was so funny, Jack was so startled and luckily didn't just throw him down because he really didn't know what to do. We were all there to witness this and thought it was most funny because Jack had done the same thing to Byron 8 years ago. Sam has been the lucky kid around here that gets to go on date nights with mommy and daddy. We find it amazing how easy it seems to just take one baby with us instead of the four kids. We have sure had fun with our little addition. He is a happy baby, quick to smile and easy to distract when grumpy. We love our little Sambo!

12 comments:

thebigcookiefam said...

Those are great pictures! You just have to love the puke! sooo funny! i love the picture of Byron and Sam, adorable!

Jaimee said...

Michelle, I love Sam's puke story! Poor Jake but that is too funny! And I know the feeling about the binkie--- Spencer was addicted to his and could not fall asleep unless he had it. I kept wondering what to do and then one night (when he was 14 months old) he just didn't want it anymore. It was a miracle weaning!

BTW- My sis & bro, Shanon & Jono, are 15 months apart, too, and have always been extremely close. I am sure it's a ton of work for you now, but how cool that they will always have a lifelong buddy! Great post.

Janie said...

Love the pictures! Sam might possibly be the cutest baby ever! He is so cute it almost makes me want another baby. Almost.

An said...

This is a great new batch of pictures to entertain
Esther. We need more video of him, though. I am here at Esther's request, by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jack was a real trooper. Kudos to Jack for being the "bigger man". Sam will need to know that payback will come at some point in life...probably when they are in their 30's.

Huffstuff said...

He is a beautiful baby. It seems like the fourth one is special and unique in their own way.

Huffstuff said...

He is a beautiful baby. It seems like the fourth one is special and unique in their own way.

Amy said...

These are great pics of little Sam. I love the puke story. I would've paid to have seen that. Sam looks so handsome with his hair combed in the last picture. Okay, so it was sooo fun to "see" you yesterday. Thanks for taking a few minutes to do it even with six kiddos around. Um, I have to say that I know you have two babies, but to actually see you in action with both of them on your lap yesterday I was thinking, "Oh, man! Bless Glitchy!" It just made it so real and wow, you're my hero.

Courtney said...

Oh he is such a cutie! And I LOVE the baby puke...that is hilarious!!! What fun!

Marci McLain said...

Okay, I found your blog from the Howeys and I loved looking at all the pictures! Everyone is gettting so big! I love your background and would love to know how your created it! You guys look great! Check us out at mclain5.blogspot.com

Marcie and Holly said...

He is so cute! I love how he puked! GROSS! I can't believe you even got a picture. You've got some cute kids!

Karen said...

Michelle Sam is soooo freaking cute! I'm sure in the middle of the night its not as cute :) This same exact thing has been happening with James...has to be double swaddled (I feel so mean)...but somehow STILL gets an arm out. He was sleeping really good for a couple of weeks, then it changed again. People keep sayin "maybe hes teething"...gosh then he's been teething his whole life so far! :) I will still call you soon, it would be fun to talk to you.