Sunday, June 29, 2008

Beach Bummin'

We had a wonderful week in Southern California. We stayed at a beach house on Capistrano Beach, a nostalgic place where we used to go with my Harbaugh grandparents and cousins. Oh, how I loved those trips to Cali! My mom has always wanted to recreate these wonderful memories with her own family and we were finally able to do it. Byron has joked that any reunion with my family is "girls camp". Well this was way better than any girls camp I've been to! My mom did an amazing job of creating an incredibly fun week for her 6 kids, spouses and 25 grandkids. We had beach olympics, sand castle competitions, Chinese day, smores around the campfire, boogie boarding in the waves, Bonko night, and a Sunday fireside. We ate incredibly well (meaning way too much food and delicious desserts everyday!) My mom even had Burnham Capistrano Beach 2008 shirts made for each person. I was the lucky one who got to celebrate my birthday there with everyone, including Byron's two sisters and their families who came for the day. It was a blast! We ventured off the beach one day and took our kids to Legoland, they had a ball, (minus Max getting sick and throwing up about 4 times while we were there.) The best part of the whole week was just being with everyone, getting reacquainted with all the kiddios that seem to grow up so much in the months we are apart, and laughing with my siblings. They truly are some dang funny people. What a Burnham Camp to remember! Way to go Mom, it was the BEST!











16 comments:

Colette Goodman said...

I loved our beach trips when I was little. Your mom did an amazing job. Grandma would be proud. Looks like you had a blast.

Amy said...

Very fun!! A great post and your pics look good. Maybe I put way too many and it's just too overwhelming. I just couldn't leave any pics out and I thought if they were small it wouldn't be too much. It really was the best vacation and so good to see everyone. I loved seeing the cousin interaction. I just can't believe we might not see you guys for another year.

The Jones Fam said...

I am loving the Capistrano pictures! So much fun! It is so great you all got to do that! I am going to keep re-reading this post so I can pretend like I am there! I hope to see you all soon!
-Nat

Jaimee said...

How much fun! Your little family is so cute, Michelle. Glad you got to have such a great time with your families.

Jana said...

Oh, you look like you had so much fun! But I'm sure you did not have as much fun as we did. I'm still reliving it all every day - or at least trying because the every day is not so much fun as Southern California. Isn't summer grand?

Janie said...

How fun!! I love the giant sand Hershey Kiss (at least it looks like one, sorry if it isn't) Glad you got a fun vacation with family. I love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! It sounds like you had a great time. I love familiy reunions.

Marci McLain said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the beach. I hear Legoland is great! We might get there someday! You guys are so cute!

jenny said...

Way fun Michelle! How nice of your mom to plan so many activities (that would be a TON of work). The beach looks like a blast!

thebigcookiefam said...

WOW, so much fun. Reading your post makes me have all kinds of memories flood back. It is kind of weird how you don't realize that life is going to change until it does. I am so glad you guys got to go to the beach it is some of my most favorite memories as a kid. Makes me miss all of you and the Freestone's too!

Sharon said...

So fun! I can't wait to take my boys to legoland.

Lisa said...

I love the pic of your mom with the kids - gorgeous!

Naomi said...

What a great vacation! You'll have to stop by next time you're in San Diego! Better yet, let's meet at Legoland. I think it's the happiest place on Earth:) Yes! We have a blog. Thanks for visiting. I hadn't really sent out the info yet, because I thought I needed more posts. But, there it is! In all its glory. It is so fun to read about your little family.

An said...

I'm so glad the reunion turned out so well.

Courtney said...

WHOOHOO...what a fun vaca and darling pics of your family! I love your Mom...totally miss her!

kami said...

Sounds like a dream family vacation. I've heard Legoland is a little boys dream place! We'll have to give it a try someday.

Your mom is GORGEOUS!!!