Friday, February 22, 2008

Way to go, Max!

He did it. Our little guy turned six! Max was able to celebrate his birthday three times over the course of a week, and loved it. He shared Grandma Burnham's birthday party in Arizona and got tons of fun gifts from his cousins. On his actual Birthday we let him pick what special dinner he wanted, at home or out. Smart boy picked out, at Red Robin of course! He got to order a special drink, an onion ring tower, and a free meal that he was too full to eat. His favorite part was being sung to and getting a special ice cream sundae. What more could a kid ask for? Well, besides a party with his friends. We told him we had celebrated enough, but that he could have a low key party a few friends (meaning we didn't want a whole theme party where we had to entertain kids for hours.) He picked a pizza movie night which seemed perfect. It was a little more crazy than we had hoped, but the kids had a ball. (Note to selves: Don't invite older brother's friends to six year old party!) Max felt pretty special and that is what it is all about. And just so I remember in the future, here are six things I love about my six year old Max:
1. He is always thinking of Jack and is so generous
2. He always walks around with his arms folded
3. He loves to play with Lucy and she LOVES him to death
4. His smile is contageous, and actually all of his facial expressions are great, they make me smile
5. He totally prefers Daddy for everything (yes, I admit it, I love that!)
6. He has the bladder that must be the size of a watermelon...he can hold it forever!

Love you, Max!

11 comments:

Marcie and Holly said...

He is our kinda man! Celebrating his b-day 3 times in one week!! Sounds good to us. You did such a nice tribute to him!

Amy said...

Happy bday Max! Sorry we didn't call back when you were home from school. We're losers.

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Max! It's such a let down when you're not a kid anymore and you're no longer getting three parties, I want to be a kid again! : )

erika said...

I'm so glad you found me! I'm definitely adding you guys to my "friends" list :) I am so glad I can keep up on your latests and greatests.
Your little family is so adorable, and I love seeing pictures of you and Byron, you guys look great! Hope you guys aren't freezing your tushies off too much out there in MI. :)
xoxo
Erika

thebigcookiefam said...

WOW, a bladder the size of a watermelon is true talent. He would go crazy on a road trip with Jenny and I, we always had to stop at the Mcdonalds in Globe to go to the bathroom on the way to Pine Top, and truly there were sometimes that I thought I wouldn't make it. OH good times! (I miss my burnham cousins!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

Byron, that pic of Dallin is not a hairdo I purposely did. It's just post-bath hair that kind of curled by it's self. The day I put mousse on his hair was really curly and really cute, although I don't think Danny will ever let me take a picture of it.

Colette Goodman said...

I can't believe Maz is 6. We miss you guys. I'm loving this whole blog thing. I feel like I actually see and know what is going on with your family. Hope we can do something next time you are in town.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brianna Avery said...

Hey michelle
Remember us? I stumbled upon your blog on dawn's blog. We have one too it's www.cbavery5.blogspot.com. I can't believe that you have 4 kids! When you moved you only had two! That's crazy! They're all adorable by the way ;)

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I can't believe HE IS 6!!!! I LOVE seeing all the pics and reading up on your family. You guys are so dang cute. We Miss you SO MUCH!!