Thursday, September 18, 2008

Queen Lucy

Our little girl is now TWO!
Ok, she has been for 3 weeks now, her mom is just slow...
Alas, she did turn two and had the birthday any 2 year old would LOVE. This is the conversation we had at the di
nner table about Lucy's party.
Boys: Who are we going to invite? Can our friends come too? Can it be a water party?
Me: Does Lucy like it when her friends are here?
Boys: No
Me: Is Lucy nice to her friends?
Boys: No
Me: Does Lucy like to share her toys?
Boys & Lucy: No
Me: Does Lucy like it when mommy talks to other grown ups?
Boys & Lucy: No
Me: Should we invite all Lucy's friends and their families to her party?
Boys & Lucy: No

So it was decided. Let the spoiling begin. We had just a family party, with balloons for the girl, cake for the girl, presents for the girl, and ring-around-the-rosie for the girl. She had a ball and didn't have to share one thing!Here are some thing I always want to remember about my newly 2 year old LUCY!

She recently woke up at 6:15 am (ugh), calling "Momma....Momma.....I'm Darvin'!" (Starving)

She has ears like an elephant and constantly keeps us up to speed on what is going on in the neighborhood even though we are inside the house, "oh, airplane", "oh, choo choo train", "oh, doggie", "oh, beep, beep", "oh, copter". She hears all of these way before I even notice.

Her "hair" finally blows in the wind, at least when she is on the swing!

We taught her that instead of hitting and pushing and yelling "go away" when someone does something she doesn't like, that she should just say "no thanks". There are many times when we hear her angrily yelling "NO TANKS! NO TANKS!"


Lucy LOVES baby Sam Sam, as we call him, (she calls him Dam Dam) She loves it when he comes in her crib to play or when she gets to play with him in his crib. She always wants to feed Dam Dam, which I hate because it is messy baby food, but is pretty cute.


She is a pretty dang good eater and I can almost always get her to try one bite of anything, then of course she usually eats the rest, but even if she doesn't, she will at least try it.

Byron taught her to fill in the blanks: "Daddy is the ....." she yells, "BEST!" "Mommy is the....." she yells "CUTEST!" (yeah, we're brainwashing, whatever!)

My mom made her a little snuggly when she was born and she LOVED it and always slept with it. We lost it at the waterpark resort so of course my mom made her another one and sent it in the mail. We made a big deal that Grandma made it just for Lucy (so she would give Sam's back to him) and she was pleased as punch. That was months ago. The other week church changed to the horrid 1 pm slot so I brought the snug for her so she would fall asleep. Yeah right. She told 3 different people, while showing off her snug, "Grandma Made It, Lucy." She seemed so endeared to her Grandma, it made me happy inside!

She's the worst dancer ever, but she loves it and does it all the time.


She loves PBS's Super Why! Did I say loves? I mean is ADDICTED!

She can belt out the Indiana Jones song with the best of 'em.

She loves to go to Nursery now, and thinking of church, she doesn't escape to go up to sit with Byron on the stand anymore
Woohoo! (except for last Sunday, darn it!)

She throws a fit with the best of them, but she snaps out of it pretty easily.

Boy I love this girl! Can't get enough!

14 comments:

RicAnn said...

Hey I am glad I finally came your blog :) Lucy is so stinking cute, she sounds just like Ezra. I love the dress she is wearing! I'll be checking in more often.

Have a good one- and Happy be-lated birthday Lucy!

Ann-Marie Photography said...

We do family parties too. I've decided until they realize that people have friends over for parties on birthdays and actually ask if they can too, it will be just a family day. It's a lot easier, and who wants to share things on their birthdays right?

Lisa said...

Lucy is adorable and I LOVE that dress! I think if we all wised up we'd all have small family parties. : )

Byron said...

What a riot! The three of you just commented while I am still in the process of posting. Who knows what version you saw, but thanks for visiting....

Jana said...

You are a VERY smart mother to think through all that jazz and keep it simple!

Kudos to you for keeping it real!

Love ya.

Naomi said...

I love this post! What a cutie! I can tell she is loaded with personality.

kami said...

I loved the dancing video clip. I think I've heard that same No in my house before :) Aren't little girls fun? Happy Birthday Lucy...You are adorable!

Marci McLain said...

She is just super cute! What more can I say?

Amy said...

This is a great post. So good to see Queen Lucy and read about all she's doing these days. Can't wait to see it all in person in T-3 weeks! With her violent streaks, I'm sure Dallin will get a sneak preview of how nursery is going be. It really will be interesting between Emily (who's darn possessive), Dallin (who's beginning to hold his own, mostly he tattles on Em), Ryan (who does anything to get a toy he wants), and of course Queen Lucy. We'll probably want to shoot ourselves by the week's end. My kids are LOVING the videos. We've watched them 10 times each already.

The Cherry Family said...

Super fun. And I love how you blog like you talk. It's fun. I can hear your voice when I'm reading. I like how you documented things unique to Caleb. If I'm ambitious I might copy that when I finally post about Caleb's bday.

Jill said...

Awesome! It's so funny when siblings know exactly what their sibling does and does not like, even at an early age! She is the cutest!

Courtney said...

AHHH...she is such a cutie! Holy Cow, what fun! AND I love your cute shorter hair!

An said...

I love the conversation you posted between yourself and the three oldest children. It is so funny.

nickyfish said...

I love this post! Inspires me to want to do the same. Now you'll always remember this fun, cute part of her life. I, too, love the conversation between your kids and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a child who prefers not to share!